Founded in 1874 by German immigrants, Trinity remained in what is now Toledo’s central city until 1958. At that time Trinity had only 4 teachers/classrooms in an aging facility. There was no place for expansion and so a group of forward thinking individuals purchased 10 acres on the outskirts of town. Many parishioners questioned the move “way out to the country.” Nevertheless, a larger facility was built and the school added a kindergarten class to our grade levels. Worship services were held in a multi-purpose room/gym for the first 10 years. The school faced some difficult times even to the point of being on the brink of closure in the mid 1960’s. But with faith in God and renewed dedication, the congregation kept the school going.

Today, Trinity sits on that same site but with growth beyond measure surrounding those 10 acres. We are no longer “out in the country.” A large sanctuary and office space was added in 1968. In 1979 four additional classes were built and the school now enjoyed a single classroom for each grade level. In the early 1990’s an extended before/after school program was added for students of Trinity. In 1995 a 3 and 4 year-old preschool was added to our program. Stretched to the limit for space, once again the congregation took a leap of faith and began a building program that would double the amount of usable space in our facility to just over 50,000 square feet. This project was completed in 2001.